Bis später Deutschland!
Holy crap I can't even express in words how I will miss this place and mostly our people. I will try though. Three years already gone, flew right by. We got here December 17th, 2013 and three years and a week later we are officially taking off from the place that we call home. Germany has left us with the best memories, lots of friends, and a full heart.
We have done these moves so many times that at times it all starts to blur together. It's our friends that really make these places home for us. And wow do we have great friends. You all made Schellweiler such a special place to live. The experience we got with all of you truly made us feel at home and welcomed in Germany and in our village.
Often times we have other military friends so they understand that one day we must part ways, doesn't make it any easier but the understanding of this life makes it easier. Having friends that are not even related to the military really made us be able to leave that life at the gates and take on a whole new experience. This might be my hardest see you later yet or Bis später. I feel like I am leaving my family behind. My heart is forever a part of this place. I am leaving a little piece of myself here as we depart today.
I feel like I found more of myself here in Germany too. Between leaving from Montana on a road trip across the US on my own to living in small town Germany, learning to be alone was something that my heart needed. Being in my own company was ok. I didn't need to have a constant person around. It was so relaxing and freeing to be able to walk my dogs on open fields and take in the country side. Knowing that I didn't always have to have to the hustle and bustle of the world outside constantly nagging at me. Or that I didn't always have to be accompanied by another person in all I do. It's been an amazing growing experience.
So many milestones happened while here and also so many heart breaks. I graduated from art school, starting a new job, my husband worked his tail off at this location. As for the heartache we both lost our grandmother's while we lived here. When they departed this world, a piece of us went with them. They were both very special to us. We worked hard on an adoption that didn't happen as well to keep our beautiful nephews in our family. Sadly, it just didn't work out. Many things we have gone through. Many things that our friends in our village helped us get through without our families near.
Wherever we go in this world, Germany will be a part of home. My home is any where in this world. It is in Montana, it is in Georgia, it is in England, it is in Virginia, it is in Germany and soon will be in South Carolina. I don't expect it to feel like Germany. I expect a time of mourning for my friends and my life here. Eventually I will have to put on my big girl panties and get on with my life. Until then though, I will be sad to leave, I will have a heavy heart for those I have to leave behind, cracks that may mend in time but still offer up a pain that is never healed, and I will forever have love for my friends here.
Please never forget to share your lives with us, share your photos, email us, give us details of what is going on with you. We want to know about it. We are on Skype and once moved into the new house we will send out the details of our new address. I hope that each of you stay in touch with us one way or another. We want to be happy about your life's journeys and share those moments with you even if we are far away. We will be sharing our new adventures and we cannot wait to see you all again. We will be back.
Auf Wiedersehen bis zum nächsten Mal.
We have done these moves so many times that at times it all starts to blur together. It's our friends that really make these places home for us. And wow do we have great friends. You all made Schellweiler such a special place to live. The experience we got with all of you truly made us feel at home and welcomed in Germany and in our village.
Often times we have other military friends so they understand that one day we must part ways, doesn't make it any easier but the understanding of this life makes it easier. Having friends that are not even related to the military really made us be able to leave that life at the gates and take on a whole new experience. This might be my hardest see you later yet or Bis später. I feel like I am leaving my family behind. My heart is forever a part of this place. I am leaving a little piece of myself here as we depart today.
I feel like I found more of myself here in Germany too. Between leaving from Montana on a road trip across the US on my own to living in small town Germany, learning to be alone was something that my heart needed. Being in my own company was ok. I didn't need to have a constant person around. It was so relaxing and freeing to be able to walk my dogs on open fields and take in the country side. Knowing that I didn't always have to have to the hustle and bustle of the world outside constantly nagging at me. Or that I didn't always have to be accompanied by another person in all I do. It's been an amazing growing experience.
So many milestones happened while here and also so many heart breaks. I graduated from art school, starting a new job, my husband worked his tail off at this location. As for the heartache we both lost our grandmother's while we lived here. When they departed this world, a piece of us went with them. They were both very special to us. We worked hard on an adoption that didn't happen as well to keep our beautiful nephews in our family. Sadly, it just didn't work out. Many things we have gone through. Many things that our friends in our village helped us get through without our families near.
Wherever we go in this world, Germany will be a part of home. My home is any where in this world. It is in Montana, it is in Georgia, it is in England, it is in Virginia, it is in Germany and soon will be in South Carolina. I don't expect it to feel like Germany. I expect a time of mourning for my friends and my life here. Eventually I will have to put on my big girl panties and get on with my life. Until then though, I will be sad to leave, I will have a heavy heart for those I have to leave behind, cracks that may mend in time but still offer up a pain that is never healed, and I will forever have love for my friends here.
Please never forget to share your lives with us, share your photos, email us, give us details of what is going on with you. We want to know about it. We are on Skype and once moved into the new house we will send out the details of our new address. I hope that each of you stay in touch with us one way or another. We want to be happy about your life's journeys and share those moments with you even if we are far away. We will be sharing our new adventures and we cannot wait to see you all again. We will be back.
Auf Wiedersehen bis zum nächsten Mal.
Comments
Post a Comment