Could I Leave My Day Job Behind
Isn't that what we all wish to do? Find something we are so passionate about that we can also supplement our income with this said passion. Do I dare take that jump, that leap, what seems like jumping across the Grand Canyon with no safety net? Does it just take guts or stupidity?
Well I won't have any choice here in the near future. I always feel comfortable having a steady income coming in. Trusting that in two weeks I will be paid for the mundane duties I perform daily but can't seem to fall in love with. In less than four short months the military will up-root my husband and I again for our 5th duty station together, Ramstein, Germany.
Even though I am anxiously awaiting this transition, I am also concerned for the unknown. Moves are very stressful for me, mostly due to that lack of a job thing. I love to travel and go places, I also love to have the money to do it with. I should be used to this. I have been doing it for 14 years now but I hate looking for work.
I want to get to a point that my photography is my full time job and I can rely on my art for income. I have a deep fear of failing at what I love to do; that is what holds me back from going all in and trusting in myself and my talents. I wish I had decided on art school when I was 18 but here I am, starting art school at 34.
I'm ready for this step in my life and ready to peruse my dreams. I hope to learn a lot over the next 2 years and take my art and talents to the next level. But at what point will I feel comfortable not working a day job? Will I ever be comfortable to have the income only come in based off my talents? Plus side I get to spend my time learning and expanding into a business in Europe. Oh the possibilities that await me, this is gonna be a fun ride; buckle up, sit back and take in the scenery. Pray I don't crash and burn.
Well I won't have any choice here in the near future. I always feel comfortable having a steady income coming in. Trusting that in two weeks I will be paid for the mundane duties I perform daily but can't seem to fall in love with. In less than four short months the military will up-root my husband and I again for our 5th duty station together, Ramstein, Germany.
Even though I am anxiously awaiting this transition, I am also concerned for the unknown. Moves are very stressful for me, mostly due to that lack of a job thing. I love to travel and go places, I also love to have the money to do it with. I should be used to this. I have been doing it for 14 years now but I hate looking for work.
I want to get to a point that my photography is my full time job and I can rely on my art for income. I have a deep fear of failing at what I love to do; that is what holds me back from going all in and trusting in myself and my talents. I wish I had decided on art school when I was 18 but here I am, starting art school at 34.
I'm ready for this step in my life and ready to peruse my dreams. I hope to learn a lot over the next 2 years and take my art and talents to the next level. But at what point will I feel comfortable not working a day job? Will I ever be comfortable to have the income only come in based off my talents? Plus side I get to spend my time learning and expanding into a business in Europe. Oh the possibilities that await me, this is gonna be a fun ride; buckle up, sit back and take in the scenery. Pray I don't crash and burn.
Comments
Post a Comment