Take a deep breath, find your focus, check your surroundings, be in the moment, just breathe. That is exactly what has to happen for me take my photos. I have to put the world behind me and just be, push pause, breathe.
Today was a bad, bad, bad day. Made better by a little R&R with my little niece Madison. As I went through the motions of the day and it got progressively worse for me, all I could think is how mad I was that I left my camera at home. My camera is what I turn to lately as my therapist. My camera and and the open road. It soothes me, calms me to no end, makes me return back to my center. I am not sure if it is because with each photo I have to stop my mind from thinking of all my problems and just be in the moment or what.
It's my meditation I suppose. Some sit and do yoga (which I do love BTW, just been on hold since shoulder has been injured), some sit and pray, some sit quietly and meditate, and some workout (which I also love as well, on hold since the surgery). Me on the other hand though; I find solace in my photography. I find a peace that I can't seem to find any where else. Even if Jason was here he couldn't help me find that spot, he knows it, I know it. It's because I do get anxiety. I over think issues, and stress about the little things. He knows at times I shut myself up with some sort of project, get engulfed in it till my thoughts are cleared. My photography shuts the thoughts up. Today I needed that. With every situation getting progressively worse, I needed the silence.
I did not get to my camera today but I did get to spend the afternoon with my little niece in a chair getting our nails painted together. Her birthday is in two days, so I am starting celebrations early. She makes me smile and warms my heart, both my nieces do. So it was a nice break and she will let you just sit in silence and take in the moment. By the time I got home my mood had improved but I still feel the clench of my jaw. Maybe my Canon will come out tomorrow for a little therapy session.
Today was a bad, bad, bad day. Made better by a little R&R with my little niece Madison. As I went through the motions of the day and it got progressively worse for me, all I could think is how mad I was that I left my camera at home. My camera is what I turn to lately as my therapist. My camera and and the open road. It soothes me, calms me to no end, makes me return back to my center. I am not sure if it is because with each photo I have to stop my mind from thinking of all my problems and just be in the moment or what.
It's my meditation I suppose. Some sit and do yoga (which I do love BTW, just been on hold since shoulder has been injured), some sit and pray, some sit quietly and meditate, and some workout (which I also love as well, on hold since the surgery). Me on the other hand though; I find solace in my photography. I find a peace that I can't seem to find any where else. Even if Jason was here he couldn't help me find that spot, he knows it, I know it. It's because I do get anxiety. I over think issues, and stress about the little things. He knows at times I shut myself up with some sort of project, get engulfed in it till my thoughts are cleared. My photography shuts the thoughts up. Today I needed that. With every situation getting progressively worse, I needed the silence.
I did not get to my camera today but I did get to spend the afternoon with my little niece in a chair getting our nails painted together. Her birthday is in two days, so I am starting celebrations early. She makes me smile and warms my heart, both my nieces do. So it was a nice break and she will let you just sit in silence and take in the moment. By the time I got home my mood had improved but I still feel the clench of my jaw. Maybe my Canon will come out tomorrow for a little therapy session.
Comments
Post a Comment