Getting Settled

Woa this is taking some time. I have been so busy and soooo stressed. This is taking longer than I expected it to. School has kept me over the top busy and unpacking, don't get me started there. If I never see a box again I will be grateful. Also no closets here so I have no idea where to hide the things I don't need. My husband has no garage or shed to put his tools so they are scattered around the house. It's kind of making me mad. HAHAHA Ok enough of that, lets talk about this wonderful country I am living in.... Germany!
I love it here. It's gorgeous. We live in a very small town in the Kusel district of Germany. Talk about living in the middle of no where and in farmville. Basically I am back in Montana but more hills. I lived near mountains back home but my area was flat at the base of the mountains. Here I am at the base of the mountains in the hills. My daily walks are torturous for this big booty girl but we push on. LOL. I love it though. I love the peace and I love the scenery. It's quiet.
I am adjusting to not working. I will now need to adjust to being frugal. This will be new to me. My husband and I have been used to just being us two and two jobs and kind of just doing what we want when we want because we had the money to do it. We kind of fly by the seat of our pants and blew our money on whatever. Now I am a full time student and don't work so I have to be more careful. A little less flying and a little more seating. HAHA. It's gonna be trying but I am sure we can do it.
We experienced our first German Christmas here, in a hotel room. But the market was amazing. We celebrated New Years together for the first time in ages, that was nice and relaxing. We have now had our first Valentines and my birthday together for the first time in ages as well. Married for 14 years and you would think we would have all these holidays together and celebrations but we are not used to be together for any of them. Most of our memories of them are apart. My funnest time in Germany so far has been hiking, castles but most of all Fasching. That is a huge celebration before Ash Wednesday when the towns around us go crazy and dress up like Halloween and celebrate like Mardi Gras. We actually accidentally got wrapped up into the parade for our town because Jason thought they invited us to go watch with them but they asked us to go participate with them. None-the-less it was a blast, next year we will be more prepared. 

Here are some pictures I have taken along the way.

 Graffiti in Heidelberg, Germany

 Graffiti in Trier, Germany

 Fasching in Sankt Kendel, Germany

On a back road in the Kaiserslautern area of Germany

Comments

Popular Posts