My Neck of the Woods
Welcome to Schellweiler. It's coming to into spring time now and the farmer's are busy at work getting their fields planted. Even though this puts havoc on my sinuses, I am loving this process and all the fun going on around me. Work for them but so much interest for me. Lots of pictures to take and it is creating some beautiful scenes. I am enjoying watching them work. I am not enjoying the smell though, I could live without the cow poo smell though. LOL.
While out doing a shoot for my school work my friend and I ran into this lovely older man and his dogs. He doesn't speak English and I don't speak German well at all. I promise I am trying to learn. He does however, speak kindness to his pooches. He showed us how they sit and wait for their treats, how they fetch and how they listen. That we could understand. It's funny how kindness and a smile can carry on across any language. I am happy to know hello, good day, and good bye in German though. He was a sweet gentlemen and I hope I know a little more German the next I see him. Maybe have some dog treats as well. LOL.
I walk by these hay bales daily. I don't know how long they have been here. The bottom halves have sunk into the ground or just rotted away. Moss is growing onto the top of the bale and grass is growing out of it, or maybe it has re-seeded itself? It's a very intriguing site though.
So this was a put the camera down and just hope to get a shot because this was in such a muddy track area. I couldn't get down with out being caked in it. I was already standing in enough mud as it was to get this shot. Which I think turned out quite awesome. I really like the muddy tractor tire prints. I think it creates some great texture, depth, and lines.
For these ones of the VW Bug we kind of snuck into an open gate. It looks like the bug once was covered up. The cover is now laying on the ground and someone has stripped the bug of it's parts. As you can see, no headlights. The interior is missing and I assume if you tried to find an engine you would find the same scenario. How awesome is this bug though. I love it. Who knew this little gem would be hiding in this field up the road that is full of hay bales and some sort of orchard.
This is one of the local tractors we were shooting going up and down the roads all day but I couldn't get any good shots. I found it parked in front of it's house on our way to dinner last night. I love that it's a Fiat, I don't know why. I find a lot of John Deer here but this was pretty cool. The orange really pops out with it's black parts. Our town is very small and full of farmers and people that work with the farmers so a lot of tractors all day long up and down the roads. I am from Montana and I am used to seeing tractors but I am so loving these more old fashioned tractors. They aren't as big as Montana tractors at all. I can't wait for harvest season to see what they break out.
So that's my day in pictures yesterday. Also my day in therapy. I was happy to share it with my friend Shavon. She got a first hand understand for my love of just being out with a camera. An understand of how much it just calms the soul and becomes a therapy. It's my soul centering, mind clearing, time out kind of therapy that keeps me grounded at times. I think if I don't have the camera to give me my sanity, I would need heavy medication. HAHA. Enjoy your Thursday!
While out doing a shoot for my school work my friend and I ran into this lovely older man and his dogs. He doesn't speak English and I don't speak German well at all. I promise I am trying to learn. He does however, speak kindness to his pooches. He showed us how they sit and wait for their treats, how they fetch and how they listen. That we could understand. It's funny how kindness and a smile can carry on across any language. I am happy to know hello, good day, and good bye in German though. He was a sweet gentlemen and I hope I know a little more German the next I see him. Maybe have some dog treats as well. LOL.
I walk by these hay bales daily. I don't know how long they have been here. The bottom halves have sunk into the ground or just rotted away. Moss is growing onto the top of the bale and grass is growing out of it, or maybe it has re-seeded itself? It's a very intriguing site though.
So this was a put the camera down and just hope to get a shot because this was in such a muddy track area. I couldn't get down with out being caked in it. I was already standing in enough mud as it was to get this shot. Which I think turned out quite awesome. I really like the muddy tractor tire prints. I think it creates some great texture, depth, and lines.
For these ones of the VW Bug we kind of snuck into an open gate. It looks like the bug once was covered up. The cover is now laying on the ground and someone has stripped the bug of it's parts. As you can see, no headlights. The interior is missing and I assume if you tried to find an engine you would find the same scenario. How awesome is this bug though. I love it. Who knew this little gem would be hiding in this field up the road that is full of hay bales and some sort of orchard.
This is one of the local tractors we were shooting going up and down the roads all day but I couldn't get any good shots. I found it parked in front of it's house on our way to dinner last night. I love that it's a Fiat, I don't know why. I find a lot of John Deer here but this was pretty cool. The orange really pops out with it's black parts. Our town is very small and full of farmers and people that work with the farmers so a lot of tractors all day long up and down the roads. I am from Montana and I am used to seeing tractors but I am so loving these more old fashioned tractors. They aren't as big as Montana tractors at all. I can't wait for harvest season to see what they break out.
So that's my day in pictures yesterday. Also my day in therapy. I was happy to share it with my friend Shavon. She got a first hand understand for my love of just being out with a camera. An understand of how much it just calms the soul and becomes a therapy. It's my soul centering, mind clearing, time out kind of therapy that keeps me grounded at times. I think if I don't have the camera to give me my sanity, I would need heavy medication. HAHA. Enjoy your Thursday!








Comments
Post a Comment