Social media has been sucking my life's energy

It's been a while my little blog, you have been neglected, I apologize. Since I am on a Facebook break, now is a great time to jot down a few notes. There is a lot going on lately so why not. A friend of mine mentioned that she would be taking a Facebook break, none of my friends believe that I could ever possibly do this, so I decided to join her on this break. More of a, let's see how much I can accomplish in my day if I also took a break from the life sucking world of Facebook. Well I can definitely get more things accomplished that is for sure. Today is day three of no Facebook, it's 10AM and I have already finished my homework, completed a gallery that I needed to finish from LAST YEAR, yes it's from last August. That is seriously how far behind I am on my work. Mind you it's not paid work, just so you know. It's just personal work. I have many more galleries to finish though whether personal or galleries from the models that worked for me during school so this break won't be such a bad thing. I hope to finish more galleries of my models over this next week. I may have to do this Facebook break more often.
What I do miss from Facebook though is the connect to my friends. I miss hearing about their day and what is going on. Than I started to think what in the hell did I do before 2008 when my wonderful friend Stefan Vermaak insisted I sign up for Facebook. Yes you all can blame Stefan for my excessive Facebook posting! LOL You are welcome for throwing you under that bus buddy. :)
So what did I used to do? I called my friends! I spoke to them on the phone. I called my family. I emailed them, I wrote them letters. I still write letters, mostly post cards. I do love to write people still. It's still a favorite part of my past time and I still collect post cards to send home to the people I love. I just don't call as much as I used to. For that I apologize. I am sorry I don't pick up the phone any longer and dial your number and speak to you personally. I used to spend hours speaking to friends about what is going on in my life, in their life, with their children and their families. Same with my family members as well. I will try to make more of an effort to do this, so if I don't have an updated phone number for you, you better make sure you send it to me if you want me to call you once in a while. Now that being said, the phone works both ways and I do have an American number for my dear loved ones to call me on. If you do not have it, you better ask for it.
I have also come to the conclusion that I need a bloody life. One that exists beyond the walls of my home. Now I do have a life, it just involves a lot consisting of staying at home. Come May 30th I will be able to be out more often, school will be finished for me and I can move on from that chapter. I do work from home so that kind of sucks me in. I am loving that spring is here. Hiking shall commence as soon as my new trail shoes come in. I miss getting out and into the sunshine. If I don't get out of this house more often, I will only be driving myself insane. Sitting here on social media will not help me leave my home to get any fresh air or exercise. This break has made me realize that virtual friends really don't do much in place of real physical friends. Not that I don't love having access to my friends all the time but I really need to make sure that I have local friends that are willing to step out of their homes as well and get things done. I have put my life on hold it seems for nearly two years while in art school so that I could finish school as soon as possible and for other things, that is a whole other blog post, but it's time that I resume my life. Making time for myself makes time for my own sanity and therefore will be a happier and healthier me.
On day three of no Facebook, those are just a few things that have surfaced so friends and family, you should be expecting more contact from me in the near future. Also those waiting for their portraits from me that were my models, be expecting me to finish up your images over the next week. I have become a lot more productive, even with migraines, since taking this amazing break. Thanks to my dear friend who mentioned she was taking a break and I hopped on her band wagon. LOL

Comments

Popular Posts